Universal automatic band decoder
(USB interface, CW, PTT)
Универсальный цифровой интерфейс трансивера
(автоматический бэнд-декодер, USB интерфейс)
The device connects to the computer with a single USB cable. The microcontroller on the board performs the functions of transmitting data between the transceiver and the PC and thereby receives data on the state of the transceiver, frequencies and modulation type. Further, the device generates all the necessary signals at its outputs, while the data exchange between the programs running on the PC and the transceiver does not stop.
The device consists of two boards - the main board and the display module board. The boards are connected by a cable and a 16-pin connector.
· GND – common ground
· IN_V – the input for connecting an external power source for switching external circuits. This voltage will appear on outputs A1-A16. Range from 5 to 40V (maximum current up to 500 mA)
· FS – Foot Switch input. Active state is GND.
· SAVE – Push Button input. Active state is GND. See below.
· DWN - Push Button input. Active state is GND. See below.
· UP - Push Button input. Active state is GND. See below.
· BAND –Band voltage input (ICOM)
· GND – common ground
· CIV – output ICOM CI-V
· PTT3 – Sequencer output PTT3 (delay 30ms)
· PTT2 – Sequencer output PTT2 (delay 15ms)
· PTT1 – Sequencer output PTT1 (without delay)
· CW – output for CW manipulation
· DIG – open drain output which turn on in DIGI mode
· CW - open drain output which turn on in CW mode
· PH - open drain output which turn on in Phone modes (SSB, FM, AM)
· BAND – Band voltage output (ICOM)
The device is connected to the computer with a single USB cable (USB type B connector). A new COM port will be detected in the system, which must be used in the settings of programs for working with the transceiver. The speed is 9600 kb/s, the same speed must be set in the transceiver settings.
The device is connected to the transceiver via the DB9F (RS232) connector. The device only supports Kenwood's CAT protocol. If you have a transceiver with a different communication protocol, or you do not want to use this interface, you can use the Yaesu BCD data or ICOM band voltage data inputs. In these cases, the device will not be able to obtain information about the exact frequency and type of modulation. It is not necessary to use all inputs at the same time.